Thursday, March 5, 2009

this is the best description of being a Mom!

"I go into their rooms and watch them sleeping, their faces creased and rosy. Finally, they squirm and stretch themselves awake, reaching out for a hug. I gather them up, bury my face in them and breathe deeply. They are like towels just pulled from the dryer, tumbled warm and cottony."
"...my children curl around me on the sofa in the evening, often falling asleep, limbs limp and soft against me like the folds of a well-worn nightgown. For now, we still adorn each other, and they are content to be clothed in my embrace. ...of small hands clasped in mine. This time fits me. I plan to wear it well."

the complete article is at: http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Chicken-Soup-For-The-Soul/2009/03/Second-Skin.aspx

I am glad I am not alone in thinking children are a blessing unto all! : )

No comments: