Monday, April 21, 2008

Bond between Mother and Child; hampered by cesarean section?

I have looked online to see if I could find out any further infomation on this, but was unable to. But my personal thoughts are that it does. In my own experiences it was harder to bond initially with our first born child, which was delivered by C-section. In contrast, our children that I labored at home as long as possible before going to the hospital, I was instantly overwhelmed with love and consideration for them.
I believe there are many factors to this. I feel that the medical staff also plays a role on how you bond with your child. The staff that was present for our daughter were so caring and concerned that I felt confident and reassured that it was easy to feel love for her when she was born.

No comments: