Friday, October 3, 2008

We are the cause for the Financial problems!

I have been thinking about the passed recent bailout in the Senate. Which I am not pleased by! Anyway... In the scriptures in mentions all the time of how people would get prideful and then have a social hierarchy and then not take care of each other and forget God. Then what happened??? Of course all of the following: pestilence, murder, famine, plagues, flying fiery serpents, and the list can go on. We have forgotten the Lord in our schools, in our every day life, in politics, etc.
I want to share an experience that happened while talking on the phone with a customer service representative of a corporation we had dealings with. While we were talking about "business" I had excused myself from our conversation to mention something to my child. I told my child that we would read scriptures after I was done with my phone conversation. The woman on the line whispered, "I am glad you read scriptures with your family. Because of my work environment I cannot say that too loud." paraphrased
Good Grief! What have we succumbed to? When we cannot even mention our belief in God?
So how does this relate to the bailout? We have become a people that are prideful! Our wants have become our needs, and we just cannot live without. So now our Government has taken it upon themselves to "fix" everything! It is not a fix! It is a bandaid on a leaking sore. The bandaid will not stay affixed! Finally and I think the most important, we have forgotten Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Suze B. Vinton said...

I totaly agree with that...It look like everything is just getting worst, make me wondering how to keep my kids away from all this and closer to God.