Friday, January 22, 2010

Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me...

As I mentioned previously, I recently contacted my senators regarding the lack of transparency in the Health “Reform” negotiating process.

 

Senator Feingold’s initial reply mentioned in passing that he was “disappointed” with the lack of transparency.

 

I replied urging Senator Feingold to can the “disappointment” nonsense and actually DO something about it. (You can see my reply in an earlier post, below).

 

Today, I received an email from Senator Feingold (below), with an attached report generally discussing the constitutionality of the pending health care “reform” bill.

 

Is it that hard to get good help these days, or do they really just not care?

 

Sigh

 

 


From: Message from Senator Russ Feingold - DO NOT REPLY [mailto:senator@feingold.senate.gov]
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 11:33 AM
To:
Subject: Responding to your message

 

 

Dear Mr.,

 

Thank you for contacting me regarding health care reform and the Constitution. I appreciate hearing from you. 

 

On December 24, 2009, the Senate passed H.R. 3590 "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" by a vote of 60 to 39, with my support. You can find the text of the bill at http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3590pp.txt.pdf

 

Knowing of your specific concerns about the bill, I have enclosed a report from the Congressional Research Service titled "Health Care: Constitutional Rights and Legislative Powers." I hope you find this information useful.

 

Thank you again for contacting me. For more information about my work on behalf of Wisconsin, you can subscribe to my monthly e-newsletter by visiting http://feingold.senate.gov/newsletter.cfm. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

 

 

No comments: